Wednesday 5 March 2014

Yorkshire Open Tournament 2014




So I recently qualified for the Yorkshire Open and will be off to the Semi Finals in April. However I thought I would share the list that I qualified with. It was a fun tournament that was somewhere near Leeds (can not for the life of me remember where, Peter drove, lol). So 1500 points and here's the list.

HQ

Rune Priest in Power Armour
Bolt Pistol
Jaws of the World Wolf
Living Lightning                                                                      100

Rune Priest in Power Armour
Bike
Boltgun
Jaws of the World Wolf
Murderous Hurricane                                                              140

Fast Attack

x4 Thunderwolf Cavalry
Thunder Hammer
Storm Shield                                                                            260

x4 Thunderwolf Cavalry
Power Fist
Storm Shield                                                                            255


Troops

x10 Grey Hunters
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Wolf Standard
Drop Pod                                                                                  200


x10 Grey Hunters
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Wolf Standard
Drop Pod                                                                                  200


 x10 Grey Hunters
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Wolf Standard
Drop Pod                                                                                  200


x7 Grey Hunters
Plasma Gun
Drop Pod                                                                                  145


And that was it. One Rune priest went into a drop pod and the other with a pack of thunder wolves. It works very nicely by sniping certain units with jaws, dropping melta guns round the big things and taking things out before I assault to mop things up.

Its an all out army that has to be played balls to the wall so you can get maximum efficiency. Some armies it just wont cope with but for a middle table army it works just fine and, more importantly I think, is fun to play with.

Give it ago and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I decided to give it a go days ago you evil mAn, as such I have a poorly bank card but lots of new on sprue wolves on the way. Glad you qualified mate , I'd like to think the confidence boost of trashing me last Wednesday helped lolol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard rumours from Mr Grey that you have joined the Wolf-hood. lol. Anything you need to know or have just let me know fella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers. Hoping my tau sell tonight so can blow a few hundred more pounds on more stuff. Got 10 wolves on the way. 2 squads of hunters and a 5 pack of melta guns arrived this morning

    ReplyDelete